When Water Damage Strikes
When a sudden water damage hits your home or business time matters. Water needs to be removed immediately so that no further damage is caused to your property.
The Best way to remove the water is calling SERVPRO the professionals in mitigating after losses.
Emergency water damage tips
• Shut-off the water source, if possible or contact a qualified professional to stop the water source.
• Turn-off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
• Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
• Place aluminum foil or woodblocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
• Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
• Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water!
This could cause electrical shock or damage to the device.For more information on recovering from water damage, contact SERVPRO Of Plano at (972) 403-9004.