Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Good Tip for Bio Hazard situations:
Eyeware is an essential component of protection. Splashes, airborne particulate, and even chemical liquid or vapor can be a great danger to the technician. The eyes are the most exposed and easily contaminated part of the body, A fluid splash or airborne flake of newly dried blood could easily enter the body through the wet mucosa of the eye. Eye protection can be accomplished by face shield, or by goggles or glasses with wrap around side protection and brow guard. If you wear prescription glasses, there are many styles of protection that will fit over your glasses.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (972) 403-9004
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Plano has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
SERVPRO of Plano proudly serves Plano and surrounding areas.